8/10/2023

Weekly Progress

Weekly Progress

Week 2; 

This is the first week of Media, where we learnt camera angles (such as high/low angles, dutch, cowboy, extreme/closeup, medium and extreme/long) as well as camera movements (such as pan, boom, tracking, trucking, tilt, push in/out, zoom in/out). It was very lengthy and I will take time to fully learn their uses with the help of other resources. We practiced our knowledge through making a small movie on camera angles and movement. 

Week 3;

This week i was absent, however I asked my peers on what they learnt. So I caught up and learnt demographic (population) and psychographic (personality) of target audiences, which then is applied it real examples by doing analysis on advertisement's target audience.

Week 4:

This week we moved on to mise-en-scene and learnt how it 

- Mise-en-scene;

Colour, performance, hair, costume, lighting, set design

- Start picking a target audience for project storyboard

- Diegesis ; the world which the character lives in

Week 5:

-  Sound;

Non-diegetic, diegetic, trans-diegetic

- Understand how to make a storyboard

- Practice storyboard-making with "camera angles and movement" video


Week 6:

- Writing text analysis

- Learn about editing: 

shots, cut, montage, sequence, cross-cut, rhythmic editing

- Submit practice storyboard, reflection 

- Reflect on proposal;

I have to practice and learn to make my adverts more engaging rather than the character's issue being solved easily for conveniece.


Week 7;

This week, we had a review on camera angles and movement and their use to convey meaning to the audience as we had our first unit test. After that, I did further research on mise-on-scene and sounds that will be used in my advert such as the score or soundtrack as well as visualising the character's looks or set design. This week i was also given feedback on my storyboard draft, which i then used to finalize the plan of th final storyboard


Week 8;

This week, i am halfway on the critical self reflection and added further reflections for some of my previous class work like the draft storyboard, camera angles and movement project, and i have added more advert research related to my final storyboard project. I have also started on the final storyboard, however I was only able to finish up until making the boxes and doing a few frames. Thus, I think I should work in a faster pace


Week 9;

I've finished on the final storyboard, only needing the notes and extra descriptions like the sounds. I've also finished the critical self reflection presentation. 


TO DO: 
- DONE FOR TERM 1