9/11/2024

Documentary Editing Process

Here is the blog detailing the editing process


Self Reflection: Editing was the most time-consuming task out of everything else I had worked on, however it is the most rewarding one. Despite my struggles between ensuring a clean transition between scenes that required me to go above and beyond our script in such a short amount of time, being able to see my team's idea and hard work finally come together at the end was the most satisfying part of the project. With the experience I have gained from this task, I aim to give myself more time to edit by starting earlier than scheduled even with missing footages/scenes. Lastly, to be shamefully open, I came across multiple issues that could have been prevented if I had just done better organisation of files (by naming them accordingly) to stop the risk of me mixing scenes up. I became aware of this issue and became more attentive to how I named each file during editing